Search This Blog

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Designing Plans or Planning Designs

We are really excited about our move next month....1. As we are moving into a bigger space, a townhome from a one bedroom condo....2. We are looking forward to a change after Five years of living in this same space. I, ofcourse have my own special reasons. An empty space to me is like an empty canvas that needs to be filled with colour and paint, I am so excited about doing up the place in a totally different color scheme and design theme.Though I must say I love the Earthy,Warm,Spa retreat like feel, which is what I have at my current place now, I am so done with it and look forward to something more modern, contemporary, clean say a Sand 'n' Beach theme.

A friend of mine was asking me about what I intend to do in this new house. It goes like this, I plan to incorporate a few of my favourite colors White, Blue, Black, Patterns in this house. I want my sofas to be white( i know its a housewive's deadliest nightmare) but I can afford to have it now Vs later with a child. The cushions will be bright mostly consisting of blues, creams , dotted patterns , brown and black n white prints. The rug (looks more like a runner, which I happened to find when I was cleaning my closet). It again has different shades of blue, white, black, pink n other colours. I also have an idea of what kind of lamps I want, I am looking at Arc Floor Lamps, hopefully will find one within my budget. I have also picked up a couple of low cost, discounted Decorative Accents to go with the theme. Some pieces like the coffe table , side table will be black in color inorder to highlight the pieces of accent and also to provide contrast to the sofa and rug.My Wall Art, will consist of some of the pictures that my husband has taken with his Nikon D90, why buy when i can find good, poster quality stuff at home. The key is to pick up as many pieces from sites like craigslist and keep the cost low.

If everything that I have envisioned falls in place, then what I will have is a bright, open, airy living room that screams ' WELCOME TO THE BEACH RETREAT'. Where did i get the inspiration from?. You won't believe when i say the 'RUG'. The whole theme was designed around the rug...interesting ha!...you never know where you draw your inspiration from. So for now, back to the drawingboard and packing ofcourse. I will put up some pictures of the current and the new house when done!..

No comments:

Post a Comment