Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

TLC August 19th- Interesting but weird day!

I don't know if it is my magic touch or something like that but 2 other dogs that I took out in my previous sessions have been adopted, Betty a pit bull mix and Luther the German Shorthaired Pointer both have been adopted. Big Boy and Crocs as mentioned in my previous post have also been adopted, essentially every dog that I have taken out so far has been adopted.

I don't know whether what happened today was just the trend or something weird but it started like this. After having made 2 rounds of both the kennels I decided to take Tessa Out...Tessa is a Pit Bull Mix, Tessa did not have a Kennel Mate, so all I had to worry about is Tessa trying to sneak out....very very carefully I went into the kennel after distracting her with a treat, leashed her and brought her out of the kennel, literally patting myself in the back for doing it without goofing up. As I was about to take her out, a man walked up to me and said that he had signed the papers and had come to take Tessa.....I was like damn, so disappointed but anyways happy Tessa found a home...so I had to put Tessa back into her Kennel, Poor Tessa was disappointed too, for a minute she looked like she was all ready to hit the playground only to be put back into her Kennel.

Then I gave one look at the Tessa's neighbouring Kennel with 5 small dogs....now small dogs are even harder, coz they are very enthusiastic and because they are small and so many,its harder to enter the kennel without one of them trying to sneak out....so I stood there and played with the partition door for a while, until I had just one dog on my side. The Lucky one was Pickles, a 2 year old white Terrier Mix. Keeping the partition door closed I went and got a size appropriate leash and collar for Pickles and took her out to the small dog park...Pickles is a funny dog, she does not enjoy treats, din' eat any in the 30 mins I spent with her, but she loves playing with the ball, especially the red tennis ball, she fetches it and keeps it in front of me and starts wagging her tail asking me to throw it again....she was so in love with the red ball,,,that she was carrying it with her when we had to leave , then I had to forcefully pull it away from her. I was about to put her back into her Kennel, when a lady came asking about her, she later said that she wanted take Pickles home and took her info packet to the front desk....hmmm...I thought to myself , second one for me today, but at least I got to take her out.

I had one more hour so I decided to take out Luther's room mate Jessie...the one that got away last time. Since Luther has been adopted there was another kennel mate who was sitting on the other side of the partition door, so all I had to do was to shut the door and I had Jessie on my side. Today I realised, that Jessie is a very smart dog...and no wonder he sneaked out last time...he has you figured out from the time you stand in front of the padlock trying to unlock , he tries very hard to sneak out by putting out his nose even before you have opened the door.Other dogs are equally excited and like to jump, but all jessie wants to do is get out and he is very persistent. he is very focused and cant even be distracted with treats.Anyways when trying to open the door he jumped on me once, I took that opportunity and grabbed his front legs in my hand and pushed him back and let myself into the kennel. Even when putting his collar and leash he kept trying to sneak out but the door was closed, so finally I leashed him and brought him out, guess what, a customer service rep walked up to me and told me that she had to take jessie out for a showing...and I had to give him to the rep...damn....what was wrong.....3 dogs in a row.....so I could not take jessie out, later found out that the people who had come to see him,were going to take him home....good for jessie....

I don't know if this is Co-incidence or just that there were a lot more people walking in to adopt today, either ways Good for the dogs!!!!! and thanks to my magic touch:)...looks like every dog I take out or try to gets adopted...he he....what an eventful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment