Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Power Outage Poem

We had a short power outage yesterday or rather today morning in the early hours...I composed this poem when I was struggling with my sleep...its funny how I could do it with such ease in my semi-conscious state of mind, but here it is.....I have used full poetic license, so don't go chasing me on the grammar or practicality.

There comes a moment in Everyone's Life;
When all you want is Peace and Quiet
At a time when confusion and stress is rife;
Yesterday night was my Night

There was no power in my house;
There was no power in my neighbourhood
No TV,no Fan nor Computer to Browse;
Or stove to cook any Food

No,I will not crib,No,I will not complain;
My husband, no choice he had but to spend time with me
Oh, It was all my Gain,my Gain,my Gain;
Oh peaceful night when again will come thee

There comes a moment in Everyone's life
When All you want is Peace and Quiet
At a time when confusion and stress is rife;
Yesterday night was my Night

-Peshla

3 comments:

  1. Whoa! we have a poet in our group!

    Beautiful poem Peshla.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You Sudhi!..Mohan soon starting Shayarana at the Raos,Vijayakumars and the Rajas;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. look what a simple powerout can do

    ReplyDelete