Search This Blog

Sunday, June 7, 2009

The New Nest

Its been a week now since we moved into our new house(Wow!) and I am enjoying the refreshing change. Love this new place, but the truth is somewhere deep down I miss the old house . After all, spent the first few years of our newly married life there. Learning how to cook, inviting my first guests over for dinner( I was so damn nervous then..he he), Fighting over who will do the laundry, vacuum cleaning, Lazying on weekends, not getting up till like 1:00 or 2:00 in the noon, waiting for my husband to finish his calls so that I can run the grinder...Wow!..so much. It will surely hold a special place in my heart. We still have a few boxes that need to be unpacked and a little re-organization. Finding a place for every one of our possessions. I think it will take us a few days, but I can see it taking shape slowly.

What I Love about this place:
The Big Windows in the living room(one whole wall is full of windows, lot of light)
The Nice big Patio(well can't be compared to the yards that single family homes have)
Lot of Space and storage
Like the feeling of the duplex ( make an excuse to climb up and down the stairs)
Our Bedroom which gets light all the time
The gas Of course ( I am done with the electric stove, yahooo!)
All in all its a cozy pad!

There is however one crib, no Washer/Dryer, but as long as my husband is taking care of the laundry I am willing to nurture and care for the house. A lot of work needs to go in, so waiting to see how things will finally shape up.

I remember the time I came to this country in 2004 after my wedding, I don't know how but I had packed 22 years of my Life in those two suitcases that I carried with me, It was hard,Being an emotional person, I did not want to leave any part of my past or present behind in moving towards the future. Well I treasure every part of my life, the people in my Life, the places I see, the things I do, they all make me who I am and they make me happy! and I know that this House and me have a lot to see and go through together.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Peshla and good luck with the new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sudhi!...n its not even my own home...he he

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Peshla.. do send me some pics of the new home

    ReplyDelete