Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Heads Up!


This picture was shot by me at Ostrich land near Solvang. I wanted to feed the Ostriches and emus, so my husband took me there. The bird feed was given to us in a pan with a long handle. I must admit I was a little terrified as I started to feed them...they are huge, 8-9 feet tall and try hard to grab the pan from your hand. Looking into their eyes can be pretty intimidating. I held on to the pan with both my hands as they kept flighting to pull it away from me. It was fun though. The store at the entrance was also selling Ostrich Eggs and meat, for which we did not have any use. This picture was shot when the ostriches were waiting for the food....and so they were looking right into the Camera. I must admit that my husband actually got a better shot ( his is more like a desktop wallpaper)...but then again...this was my best effort at it.

4 comments:

  1. This shot is really beautiful Peshla. It can easily go on book covers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sudhi,a compliment from you, then I know the picture is good ;)

    ReplyDelete