Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Date(shadow) with 'Big Boy'

Just Completed my Shadow with my Mentor and another Volunteer at the Animal shelter. Today was fun as the coach ran us through all the procedures and guided us through the facility. We also got to take out a Green Dog,( a color code for easy to handle dogs). Our training dog was poor old' Big Boy'...well quite contrary to his name, he is a small dog, a black brown Shih Tzu. 'Big Boy' was a good start as he is 15 years old and doesn't like to walk fast....this old guy is a slow walker, very timid and calm...all he did in the park was to explore every corner of the playground...was not very keen on playing and running, may be coz of his age....he just wants someone for company.After 20 minutes of strolling around the playground...we put him back in his kennel and called it a day. I am happy we got to take this guy out as I know that not many people would want to take a dog that is not so active out, but given his age, we need to slow down for him. Who knows, this old guy might be my new boyfriend;).

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it , well at least it keeps the dogs out of the house for me to manage ;)

    ReplyDelete