Search This Blog

Monday, July 13, 2009

My Hubby's Anniversary Surprises!

Well, We just celebrated our 5th Wedding Anniversary (Translation-Kudos to us for bearing each others tantrums for this long...he he)...jokes apart...it was truly one of my most memorable anniversaries. My plan for the anniversary was very simple, since I am officially sick and tired of eating out, told my hubby I would cook something special at home and we would have a nice candle light dinner in the patio. My hubby out did me this time though...he had not one or two but three surprises planned for me.

First he tells me to check my mail and see if I received a weird mail from Flickr (well I did suspect something fishy as it was a day before our Anniversary). So I go ahead and check my mail and soon realise that it is a beautifully made album with my pictures from the last five years, with thoughtfully written comments for every picture, He said he spent three days making the album and I believe him, It is truly beautiful making me guilty for not coming up with an idea so original. The album made me cry and laugh all at the same time, when I looked at my pictures in a different light and what my husband had to say about me...he he.

So the second one was a bouquet of roses which he had ordered to arrive on the morning of the anniversary, but since it had not arrived on time , he got worried and told me about it and made a pronto call to the 1-800 number to track it, just when he was talking the bouquet arrived. It is a beautiful bouquet of red roses with a red bow around its vase. I remembered something I had told Sandesh a long time ago, sometime after our engagement when he sent me a bouquet of flowers and chocolates...that I was a very different kind of a girl, I never was impressed with flowers, chocolates, teddy bears, rings or any such cute materialistic stuff that I know many other women die to get from their men ...no matter how hard a guy tried with these presents it would never work...Sandesh had a hard time figuring this out for a while, but ultimately he knew he had to win me with his strength of character and nothing else mattered.

The third one was a totally crazy unplanned road trip to Santa Barbara...I packed on the morning of the trip, no hotel bookings, no idea where we would stay for the the three nights. We decided to drive along the coast on 1 which usually takes longer and stop along the way at every interesting town/city. We did stop not only at every city, but every vista point for some wonderful shots.
I cannot describe how beautiful the California Coast is, it has to be experienced first hand, with it's breathtaking views of the ocean, birds, bluffs,cliffs, greens, it was nothing short of french riviera. There is so much more you see when you do a road trip like this, v/s driving to a specific designation.On our way we had Greek Lunch at Santa Cruz and then took a stroll on the Santa Cruz boardwalk and the beach. Later stopped at Monterey and took some shots at the wharf, then around sunset time we were at Carmel watching some dolphins swim and play about 20 feet from the shore with the sun setting in the background, we decided to stay at comfort inn at Monterey that night.

The next day we did the Hearst castle tour near Big Sur, very elegant castle which draws inspiration from Greek, Italian and Spanish architecture, later drove to Solvang, a small dutch town in California, which has a couple of windmills, danish bakeries, wineries and glass work shops. The town is a beautiful replica of Denmark. That night we stayed at another motel in Lompoc which is a few miles from Solvang. The next morning we spent some time in Solvang, buying cookies, souveneirs, riding the fun wheel around the town and feeding Ostrichs and Emus and later started driving to Santa Barbara, where we spent the evening visiting the Mission, Stearn wharf, the beach and ending the day with some hot comfort food at a Thai Restaurant in Downtown Santa Barbara.
We started the last day with some lovely American Country Style breakfast at Alisons Country Cafe at ventura, then went into the city once again to see the court house which has a lot of architectural significance and then started driving back home. Don't know why we never did such trips in the last five years, but definetly want to do more such trips in the near future. amazing experience, took a lot of pictures which I will publish in my next post...until then I will go back to unpacking and settling back from this journey. Thank you Hubby.

1 comment: